- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk; heat through. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add cayenne
- pepper if desired. Top with bacon just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Cheeseburger Soup
Sort By :
Love this soup! If not feeling super spicy, just omit the jalapeno. Easy to throw together with staple ingredients.
I love this, and it's so easy!
This soup recipe is definitely a keeper! Make it as spicy as you want with cayenne pepper, as my first try was with 1 tsp and it was a bit hot for me. Left out the bacon and it still tasted yummy.
I have made this more times than I can count. It is a rich filling soup. I put the bacon in the soup, use reduced fat cheddar instead of american cheese, and ground turkey instead of beef. I also leave out the potato but add extra carrots. Love it!
Can this be made in the crockpot?