- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk; heat through. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add cayenne
- pepper if desired. Top with bacon just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Cheeseburger Soup
Sort By :
"A classic cheeseburger taste in a soup! This creative soup is a meal in itself. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I love recipes with a creative twist. Spice level was good with my family but would caution to start small with cayenne pepper, a little goes a long way! Perfect soup for a winter night!"
"This soup rocks! My hubby asks specifically for this soup often, and it's'a fairly easy to whip up!"
"Love this soup! If not feeling super spicy, just omit the jalapeno. Easy to throw together with staple ingredients."
"I love this, and it's so easy!"