Cheeseburger Paradise Soup
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups 2% milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- In a Dutch oven, bring the first nine ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to soup. Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 370 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
May 25, 2018
Very good soup! I did half of the recipe for my husband and I and it was the perfect amount for us to eat once with leftovers a couple of times.I left out the jalapeno peppers since we do not like spicy food. I also kept it in the crock pot for a couple of hours on warm since I needed to make the meal a while before we would be able to eat. Turned out great!
Jan 13, 2018
Great cheeseburger soup! Easy to follow directions and great for a cold day.
Nov 23, 2017
Why does everything have to have a spicy kick? There are tons of people who cannot tolerate this. The same goes for the t.v. food channels.
Jul 1, 2017
This soup is so good!! We fix it for those cold days !! We love it!!
Oct 24, 2016
Everyone loved it, will make it again.
Jul 12, 2016
I doubled ALL the veggies, used half and half instead of milk and added one cup of sharp cheddar. Mmmm Mmmm Good!
Feb 9, 2016
We have been making this for over a year, it is amazing ! Leftovers are easily frozen.
Jan 31, 2016
Delicious. Thick and chunky. My husband loved it.
Jan 25, 2016
Good soup, needs zip
Sep 21, 2015
My husband and I really liked this soup. I added a few red pepper flakes to give it a little zing and was good. Might try and add some ground sausage to it next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.