“Everyone really loves these spicy chicken wings! " says Barbara White in Katy, Texas. "They taste just like fried chicken but they're baked and are wonderful even without the dipping sauce. You can also make them with bags of drumettes instead of whole wings.” -Barbara White Katy, Texas
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 10 whole chicken wings
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, basil, cayenne, garlic salt and paprika.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Dip chicken wings into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken wings. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Breaded Chicken Wings in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p36
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Breaded Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review