- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each salt, celery seed and mustard seed
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, peppers and olives. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mix well before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Spectacular Overnight Slaw
Sort By :
"I have been making this recipe for years. It was in "Taste of Home " magazine a long time ago. The first time I made it was for a potluck . I knew it was a great recipe when the bowl was cleaned up as if it had been licked clean."
"I am a self-proclaimed coleslaw connoisseur, and while this is very, very good, I wouldn't call it spectacular. It stayed very crisp even after pouring on the boiling-hot dressing. Although it's very tasty, it's not one of my favorite slaws. I did leave out the green olives as I don't care for them. Don't let my review stop you from trying this one though!"
"Has anyone made this with rice vinegar?"
"A very tasty alternative to slaw with mayo. It truly does get better overnight. Something about the mix of veggies causes the peppers and onion to NOT repeat on me.!!"