Spectacular Overnight Slaw Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each salt, celery seed and mustard seed
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, peppers and olives. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mix well before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Spectacular Overnight Slaw
Sort By :
Has anyone made this with rice vinegar?
A very tasty alternative to slaw with mayo. It truly does get better overnight. Something about the mix of veggies causes the peppers and onion to NOT repeat on me.!!
I love green olives.. this recipe is so good, the onions mellow out and they taste gate in this slaw.
I have tried so many coleslaw recipes and finally have found one I will be making for years and years. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.