- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- Combine cabbage, onion, peppers and olives. In a large saucepan, mix remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Pour over vegetables, and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mix well before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Spectacular Overnight Slaw
"I only gave it 4 stars because I do not like olives in my slaw either... on the side yes but not in. Try pear infused white wine vinegar and cut down some of the sugar. As for prepackaged slaw, of course you can use, but I would not recommend, the difference is quite noticeable and it does not take long to shred cabbage and I do it with a hand shredder (too lazy to get out the food processor...;-) )"
"This Spectacular Overnight Slaw is fantastic! My family and I loved it. The cooked dressing is perfect and the slaw is nice and crunchy. I will definitely be making this again and again!"
"Yes ..prepackaged slaw Ok..and I do not care for olives in my slaw soI sub. Thinly sliced radish. Colourful and crunchy."
"Has anyone used the prepackage slaw?"
"Made this for a family get together and everyone liked it. It was fresh and light. I did let my dressing cool some before I poured it on the vegetable. Call me crazy."