Spectacular Overnight Slaw Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each salt, celery seed and mustard seed
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, peppers and olives. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mix well before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Spectacular Overnight Slaw(7)
Sort By :
A very tasty alternative to slaw with mayo. It truly does get better overnight. Something about the mix of veggies causes the peppers and onion to NOT repeat on me.!!
I love green olives.. this recipe is so good, the onions mellow out and they taste gate in this slaw.
I have tried so many coleslaw recipes and finally have found one I will be making for years and years. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
A great hit at Christmas 2010. Everyone loved it!
Great flavor and it's so convenient that it can be made the day before. I've made it twice now and my guests all loved the flavor. The second time I left out the olives as I didn't feel they added enough to the dish. It was full of flavor and quick and easy to put together.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Coleslaw Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >