A co-worker shared this recipe with me several years ago. It's never failed to be a hit when I serve it at a brunch or take it to a picnic or potluck. An added advantage is the fact you make it the day before - one less thing to worry about if you're entertaining or need to bring a "dish to pass" somewhere.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- Drain oranges, reserving juice. Place pudding mix in a small saucepan; whisk in the lemon juice, pineapple juice, water and reserved orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool.
- Add the pineapple, oranges and marshmallows. Fold in whipped topping. Chill overnight. Just before serving, fold in banana.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 137 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 6, 2010
Have made this at least 10 times and gotten rave reviews every time.
Oct 5, 2008
If you are a Weight Watcher this is only 3 points per portion. But you can lighten it up. Just check out the ingredients and see the possibilities.