Island Mango Slaw
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 medium head Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced into 3-inch strips (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced into 3-inch strips (about 6 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium mango, peeled, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium mango, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine first 8 ingredients. Process dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. Toss dressing with slaw at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 66 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 22, 2017
Made exactly as written--This alone had a lot going on....almost too many flavors.... It does, however, compliment the heat of the "Matt's Jerk Chicken" recipe very well. The 2 recipes together on a bun are a wonderful combo. Almost would prefer fewer ingredients for a side dish coleslaw though.
Oct 1, 2017
I just made this and it was very bitter. What did I do wrong? I followed the recipe and didn't alter any of the ingredients. I ended up having to add more greek yogurt and honey to tone the bitterness down.