Southwestern Pulled Pork Crostini Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 envelopes mesquite marinade mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 32 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- Lime wedges, optional
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, marinade mix, sugar and oil until blended; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine corn, beans, tomato and jalapeno. Stir in lime juice, oil and seasonings. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- For crostini, preheat broiler. Brush bread slices on both sides with oil; place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove roast from slow cooker; cool slightly. Shred pork with two forks. To serve, layer toasts with salsa, pork and cheese. Top with sauce. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Southwestern Pulled Pork Crostini in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p83
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Southwestern Pulled Pork Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review