Southern Pulled Pork
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Baked sweet potatoes, optional
- Place pork in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the mustard, molasses, brown sugar and soy sauce; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker. Stir in sauce. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sweet potatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 282 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2015
One of our favorites!
May 8, 2014
I didnt have stoneground mustard so I used honey mustard. it was delicious! got great reviews from my family.
Jul 8, 2012
We love pulled pork so I thought I would try this recipe. It was delicious. My only suggestion for future is to make more sauce so there will be more gravy. the flavor was exactly right, just wanted more of it.
Jul 5, 2012
Family loved it!
Dec 20, 2011
Very Yummy! Just used a pork tenderloin instead & still turned out great!
Mar 13, 2011
Outstanding flavor, great recipe!
Mar 9, 2011
Excellent! The only change I'll do for next time is add a bit more brown sugar. I added some on top of my potato and meat and it was great though. I also froze half and am looking forward to having that meal too!
Feb 15, 2011
My family enjoyed this recipe. It was flavorful and very good. It is good reheated as leftovers as well.