Skip greasy takeout food and go for this healthy and fast dinner that's so much more enjoyable. To make it even easier, warm up ready-to-serve brown rice in the microwave and supper is ready to go (with one less pan to wash). —Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and sugar. Transfer 1/4 cup mixture to a large bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon oil and garlic. Add beef; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Add snow peas; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Stir remaining soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Snow Peas & Beef Stir-Fry in Taste of Home September/October 2013
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Snow Peas & Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review