Snow Peas & Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and sugar. Transfer 1/4 cup mixture to a large bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon oil and garlic. Add beef; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Add snow peas; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Stir remaining soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Snow Peas & Beef Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"The snow peas give it a good crunch."
"The absolute best stir fry I've ever tasted in my life. I love cooking this meal with my husband and his family. In place of beef though, we put in chicken and it works out just as good. Highly recommended!!!"
"Delicious, finally a really good beef stir fry recipe! I used beef tenderloin & didn't have sherry so subbed white wine, tablespoon of vinegar & 1 extra teaspoon of sugar."
"I marinated the steak longer than 15 min. and it was very tender. Also I added some celery. Very tasty."
"My meat wasn't very tender and I thought it needed more flavor."