Snow Pea Stir Fry
When my children were growing up, I had difficulty getting them to eat green vegetables. This recipe changed their minds. They liked the crisp-tender pea pods and tasty sauce.—Pam Rahmer, Phillips, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, stir-fry almonds in butter for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 108 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 2, 2015
Both my husband & I REALLY liked this. He won't even eat regular peas. The only thing I changed was to add 1tsp minced garlic & some sliced onion. This is now in my keeper list.