- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (31 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, tomatoes and sausage mixture. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, steak seasoning and Liquid Smoke if desired. Stir into bean mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Smoky Baked Beans
Sort By :
"I was pretty happy with the way these beans turned out. I probably added twice the amount of a smoky steak seasoning that I had on hand, and with the liquid smoke, it gave it a good flavor."
"Forgot on my review to 5 star this recipe!! And mother of 3 you ommit the good flavors!!"
"Awesome Smokey Baked Beans!! My family loves them!! Once you taste them you will be hooked!!"
"Hubby wasn't really impressed. Something missing he said. I forgot the mustard & steak seasoning. Omitted the sugar & diced tom with chilies, but used Trader Joe's Smoky BBQ sauce; it's very spicy. Think our fellowship would like it immensely."
"These baked beans are absolutely delish!!! I am always asked to make baked beans for family functions, and I always thought I made really good baked beans until I tried this recipe and realized I had so much room for inmprovement!! I omitted the kidney beans due to personal preference and used Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage as I couldn't find plain sausage, and the flavors mingled so well it was unbelievable. I got countless compliments on these beans, and cannot wait to make them again!! I highly recommend this recipe - you won't be disappointed. Thanks for sharing this recipe!"