Smoky Baked Beans Recipe
They’ll be standing in line for this saucy bean recipe, full of campfire flavor. A variation on colorful calico beans, it makes a great side dish with all your cookout favorites.Lynne German, Cumming, Georgia
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (31 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, tomatoes and sausage mixture. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, steak seasoning and Liquid Smoke if desired. Stir into bean mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Baked Beans in Country Woman August/September 2012, p41
Reviews for Smoky Baked Beans(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2013
I sometimes reduce or even omit the liquid smoke - still delicious.
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2013
My husband keeps asking me to make this for functions at his work. It is always a huge hit.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2012
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >