Slow-Cooked Baked Beans
My friend suggested this recipe when I needed a new dish to bring to a barbecue. It was an incredible success, and I've been making it ever since. —Jodi Caple, Cortez, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + soaking Cook: 9 hours
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 5 slices salt pork belly (about 3 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Transfer beans to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 9-11 hours.