Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine broth, 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup hot sauce; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast; discard cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, molasses, mustard and remaining Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Pour over pork. Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches(7)
Sort By :
We love pulled pork in our house, and this recipe did not disappoint! I made a few changes: First, we had a baseball game to go to, and I wanted to eat when we got home. So instead of adding the sauce at the end and turning it up to high, I added it with 3 hours remaining and left it on low. Also, after reading the other reviews, I cut the molasses in half and left out 1/3 cup of the hot sauce. The molasses change was good - it would have been too sweet for me with the whole amount. But, next time I will go ahead and add all of the hot sauce. I like a little heat! This is definitely a recipe we will make again!
I didn't like the molasses flavor
This was simple to make but for me the molasses was way overpowering. I didn't think that the hot sauce was too much like some of the other reviews said though.
This will be our new "go to" recipe for pulled pork. I love the no mess/fuss slow cooker approach. Didn't add the extra hot sauce in the end due to feedback from others that it gave it too much of a kick and it was tasty and delicious. I'd suggest a little hit of chipotle pepper just for flavour if you like it.
I made this for the Super Bowl and everyone love it but as for I enjoyed it and did not really like as much because of the molasses it was a little to sweet for me. That's why I gave it 4 instead of 5.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >
- Sandwiches >