- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef round steak, cut into six pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the steak; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place the onion in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with the steak, celery and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak
Sort By :
"Tasty and easy and convenient! Love this!"
"Excellent recipe. I had 1 can of tomato sauce, so I added a good squirt of catsup to make up for the other. Also added a can of stewed tomatoes. This recipe lends itself to making other additions--you could add sliced mushrooms, sliced bell pepper, garlic, etc. Meat is tender and tasty. So EASY!"
"Delicious. Added wide egg noodles at the end before serving."
"I quickly browned the meat, added sliced bell peppers, sodium free garlic and herb seasoning, replaced the tomato sauce with fire roasted diced tomato pureed and a splash of Worstershire sauce......"
"I added a tsp. of ground mustard to make it a little more like my mother's recipe. Delicious and very easy!"