Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef round steak, cut into six pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the steak; seal bag and toss to coat.
- Place the onion in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with the steak, celery and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak
Sort By :
"Delicious. Added wide egg noodles at the end before serving."
"I quickly browned the meat, added sliced bell peppers, sodium free garlic and herb seasoning, replaced the tomato sauce with fire roasted diced tomato pureed and a splash of Worstershire sauce......"
"I added a tsp. of ground mustard to make it a little more like my mother's recipe. Delicious and very easy!"
"I have also made this using pork chops, family loved it too."
"Tweaked it a little, but very tender."