Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef round steak, cut into six pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the steak; seal bag and toss to coat.
- Place the onion in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with the steak, celery and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak(10)
Sort By :
I added a tsp. of ground mustard to make it a little more like my mother's recipe. Delicious and very easy!
I have also made this using pork chops, family loved it too.
Tweaked it a little, but very tender.
A very simple swiss steak recipe I recently made for a sick friend. Everyone loved it!
I doubled this recipe and used a jar of spaghetti sauce for this quick recipe. Super tender and nice rich flavor.