This is a favorite because I can flour and season the steaks and refrigerate them the night before. The next morning, I put the ingredients in the slow cooker, and the dish is ready when I come home from work. —Sarah Burks, Wathena, Kansas
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef round steak, cut into six pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the steak; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place the onion in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with the steak, celery and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p6
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review