Slow Cooker Swiss Steak Supper
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) home-style beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Rub with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides; drain.
- Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. Combine tomatoes and gravy; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 402 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2013
My husband & I just had this for dinner. Turned out just fine!!!! Delish....
Mar 11, 2011
This was incredibly easy to throw in the crockpot before work. Plus, all five of our kids loved it! Definitely a keeper!
Mar 7, 2011
Terrible flavor...I have 2 or 3 recipes for swiss steak that are so much better!
Feb 15, 2011
This Steak/ Roast was Excellent Instead of steak i used roast cooked in oven for 3 1/2 hours very easy
Jan 30, 2010
This became a favorite the first time I made it.
Jan 16, 2010
All you need is a green salad, corn muffins and this tummy-lovin dish. Heaven.
Nov 25, 2009
Next time I will cook this for 7-8 hours. I wonder if this was a misprint because my potatoes were undercooked and the meat was a bit tough after 6 hours. Flavor was very good though, so I will try again.
Oct 23, 2009
ABSOLUTLEY LOVED!!!! I have very picky eaters and they loved it!!!!! REPEAT RECIPE!
Oct 19, 2009
This is a new family favorite. My 10 year old son would eat this everyday if I made it!
Mar 1, 2009
This is a fantastic recipe. Both my husband and I enjoyed it after a long day at work. It had so much flavor, and the meat was unbelievably tender.