Easy Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top round steak
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Cut beef into two portions; add to bag and shake to coat.
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Layer with the beef, celery and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein.
Nov 17, 2014
Just ok. It needed something more though. Was kind of bland.
Dec 22, 2010
This is one of the easiest recipes to prepare and have waiting when I get home from work. Family loves it. The only thing I did different was doubled the recipe. I have made it several times and never been disapointed, I have also passed it on at work. Most definately a keeper.
Jan 11, 2009
This smelled so good I could hardly stand it till it was time to eat! Will make this again and again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.