Slow-Cooked Split Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 meaty ham bone or 2 pounds smoked ham hocks
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried green split peas
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until peas are tender.
- Remove ham bone from soup. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone; discard bone. Cut meat into cubes and return to soup or save meat for another use. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Split Pea Soup in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Split Pea Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review