Slow-Cooked Lamb Chops Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 New Zealand lamb loin chops (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub over the lamb chops. Place chops over onion. Top with garlic. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lamb Chops(4)
Sort By :
Didn't like it. Meat had a very overpowering, strong taste.
My family and I love this recipe. I have made it several times for guests, also, and they all agree! Liking lamb was an acquired taste for all of us and this delicious recipe was contributed considerably to that.
The lambs were so tender. The meat just fell off from the bones. They taste great. The more it was good with mint julep jelly to spread on the cooked meat. Thanks TOH.
I made this for my parents while they were visiting for the holidays. My Mum had never eaten lamb before and thought this was great. It really does melt in your mouth and my two toddler boys gobbled it up since it was so tender.
More Recipe Collections
- Lamb Chop Recipes >
- Lamb Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >