- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 to 7-1/2 teaspoons ice water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and cayenne; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and sesame seeds. Combine 3 teaspoons water and soy sauce; stir into dry ingredients with a fork. Stir in enough remaining water until dough forms a ball. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 77 crackers.
Originally published as Sesame Cheese Crackers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p61
Reviews for Sesame Cheese Crackers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
These are delicious and easy to make. I challenge you to eat just 2 or 3. They are addictive! I found 11 - 12 min. baking time was enough. I used 1/8 tsp. of cayenne which is just enough kick for me. Thank you for this recipe.