Scrumptious California Salmon Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute garlic and shallot until tender. Add orange juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in the honey, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown salmon in oil on both sides. Brush with 1/4 cup sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Brush with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Scrumptious California Salmon
Sort By :
"This is a great recipe. Easy, yet it has a sophisticated flavor."
"This is a very tasty sauce for salmon-my favorite. I don't have a stove top so used an electric skillet to reduce the sauce. Microwaving to reduce was a fail. The first time I made this, I cooked it in my Sharp Steamwave along with asparagus from the garden. Today, we're going to cook it on the grill."
"We left out the salt and pepper since the balsamic vinegar had lots of flavor, and the ancho pepper had enough spice. It was evry pretty. We added orange slices as a garnish. But next time, we will try adding chopped pineapple. Thanks for the recipe."
"I had a great time making this recipe. This was so good!! I doubled the recipe because I had to feed 7 people, 5 of which are kids. When you have 11,12,two 13, & a 16 year old saying how this was the best fish dish I've made for them...that's saying a whole lot!! Thank you for sharing. 5 stars for sure."
"I have made this recipe numerous times and it is always excellent! My family loves it!!"