Pacific Rim Salmon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 5 green onions, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, horseradish, parsley, 3 teaspoons sesame oil, honey and pepper. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon and green onions. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, turning occasionally. Add remaining sesame oil to remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, skin side down, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 333 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Aug 26, 2014
I usually don't cook fish at home but this recipe intrigued me. This was the absolute best salmon we have ever tasted!
Jul 22, 2014
Very good--used orange juice instead of pineapple; along with Pasta with Cream Sauce and Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette (both TOH recipes) this makes a great dinner for family or quests.
May 22, 2014
Delicious! Good for company, too.
Oct 10, 2012
For all the yummy ingredients this recipe calls for, I was disappointed in the results. It was just okay.~ Theresa
Apr 28, 2011
Simple to make. I used orange-pineapple juice and grilled it. My sister and BIL both commented on how good this was. Would definitely make this again.
Mar 29, 2011
Delish! I used orange juice instead of pineapple. Super easy and fast. Will be making it again very soon!!