Pacific Rim Salmon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 5 green onions, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, horseradish, parsley, 3 teaspoons sesame oil, honey and pepper. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon and green onions. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, turning occasionally. Add remaining sesame oil to remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, skin side down, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 333 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Aug 26, 2014
I usually don't cook fish at home but this recipe intrigued me. This was the absolute best salmon we have ever tasted!
Jul 22, 2014
Very good--used orange juice instead of pineapple; along with Pasta with Cream Sauce and Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette (both TOH recipes) this makes a great dinner for family or quests.
May 22, 2014
Delicious! Good for company, too.
Oct 10, 2012
For all the yummy ingredients this recipe calls for, I was disappointed in the results. It was just okay.~ Theresa
Apr 28, 2011
Simple to make. I used orange-pineapple juice and grilled it. My sister and BIL both commented on how good this was. Would definitely make this again.
Mar 29, 2011
Delish! I used orange juice instead of pineapple. Super easy and fast. Will be making it again very soon!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.