After enjoying scrambled egg muffins at a local restaurant, I came up with this version that my husband likes even better. They're pretty, hearty and fun to serve, too. —Cathy Larkins, Marshfield, Missouri
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Cool baked egg muffins. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, place in greased muffin pan, cover loosely with foil and reheat in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, microwave each muffin on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Scrambled Egg Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p12
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review