- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Cool baked egg muffins. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, place in greased muffin pan, cover loosely with foil and reheat in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, microwave each muffin on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Muffins
Sort By :
"Great time saver ! Makes a great breakfast sandwich just egg in microwave and English muffin in toaster . Squash egg with fork and out the door. Try it with diced ham or chorizo yum"
"I made these and they taste WONDERFUL, but they completely collapsed. How do I keep this from happening?"
"Great idea with so many variations that can be done. I would say that 2 per portion is a bit more realistic."
"Easy and delicious. I will try the cupcake liners next time to help with removing the muffins from the cupcake tray. A little messy!"
"These are great, but use silicone muffin liners! I tried paper, no liners and silicone, and silicone was the only way I didn't lose half the muffin!"