When preparing my first Thanksgiving dinner years ago, I wanted to add something special to the table and came up with this recipe. It's been a part of our traditional dinner ever since.
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (about 8)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 4 slices)
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p115
Reviews for Scalloped Apples Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review