The addition of smoked sausage gives a unique and tasty twist to regular stroganoff. It's speedy, too.—Teresa Niesen, Rapid City, South Dakota
- 1 package (12 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage until heated through; drain. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add butter to skillet. Drain noodles and stir into skillet. Add soup mixture and sausage; toss to coat. Heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Stroganoff in Country Woman January/February 2000, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sausage Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review