School-Night Sausage Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and paprika until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Turn off heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups sausage mixture with 1-1/2 cups noodles: 675 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Jan 3, 2020
Absolutely delicious and extremely quick and easy to make! It was such a treat to have such a nice meal on a busy weeknight after working all day. This will definitely go in my week-night repertoire of easy and delicious meals!
Sep 6, 2019
I was disappointed in this recipe. I thought with the pork sausage it would have more flavor. I used Jimmy Dean Original Pork Sausage. I made it as written. Maybe it was better before Kristine tweaked it.
Aug 12, 2019
I added an 8 oz bag of frozen broccoli. My granddaughter loved it!
Aug 11, 2019
Delicious comfort food. I put some grated zucchini into it. Used a little less sour cream and less salt. Very good and simple. Loved it.
Oct 13, 2018
Quick and easy. We prefer the sausage taste over beef.
Oct 1, 2018
This recipe was super delicious. I added lots of shredded mozzarella cheese to make it super cheesy like my family loves.