- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, egg, parsley, rosemary, lemon juice, thyme, lemon peel, pepper and salt. Drain noodles. Spread 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on each noodle; carefully roll up.
- Spread 2/3 cup meat sauce into each of two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Place roll-ups seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Lasagna Rolls
Sort By :
"Would use cottage instead of ricotta cheese, (It's a texture thing) and basil, oregano, garlic and bay leaves for seasoning ; omitting the k lemon too"
"Boy was this ever neat. I make a meatball/sausage lasagna all the time and it is super time consuming. This has alll the flavors and is quick and easy. The only thing I did differently was I had some home made marinara sauce in the freezer I used.The dish looks pretty cool too when it is done."
"My husband makes the lasagna for us usually. A 6 hour process from start to finish. When we want lasagna but without the big hassle of it, I make this. I usually get 9 noodles out of mine. Definitely a keeper."
"Very easy and really good. Since there are only two of us I divided it into thirds. Only problem is that I ran out of filling and ended up with 10 rolls. But forus that's fine. We definitely make again"
"This was easy to make, I like this because it was my turn to cook and I got two meals our of it (well actually 3 or four, just my wife and I ). I am just getting back into cooking since I retired and I found this a easy meal, it left time to make salad and make some garlic bread. Next time no Rosemary, instead Sweet Basil, someone mentioned adding mushrooms , I like that idea. BTW the dinner turned out good, on time an hot."