- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- CAESAR MAYO:
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 slices sweet onion
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, cheese and seasonings. Dip fish in milk, then cornmeal mixture.
- Place on a greased broiler pan; drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the mayonnaise ingredients; spread over rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with fish, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sailor Sandwiches with Caesar Mayo
Sort By :
"This was easy to prepare and very tasty."
"Awesome fish sandwich! Definite keeper! We did take the previous suggestions and added about 1/2 c. mayo. We also grilled rathered than broiled."
"This recipe is one of my husband's favorite dinners! I have made it many times and we haven't gotten tired of it yet!"
"quick ez delicious"
"This is an excellent fish sandwich, quick and easy; I used tilapia fillets and they worked well. I agree with the comments about the mayo measurement needing adjustment, I added an additional 1/2 c. to make it thick enough to spread on the rolls, I now have enough for additional sandwiches."