- 2-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, shallots, garlic, salt, paprika, cayenne and pepper; add potatoes and toss to coat. Place in a greased roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 45-50 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning every 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Cajun Potatoes(7)
Sort By :
I needed a spicy potato dish for our grilled dinner tonight for our adult son who LOVES the heat. I lined a deep 9 x 12 foil pan with non-stick foil, used Russets and tossed them just as the recipe states. I put them on the grill while ribs and vegies cooked, tossing every 10 minutes or so with a spatula. They became a rich, dark color. Crispy loveliness. Just the right amount of spice but be careful with the kiddos. Know your audience. I will make a double batch next time!
had red potatoes left over and looking for a new way to use them up, ran across this recipe, husband really loved these and so easy to make, just watch the time as my stove is rather new and cooks quickly, these were done within 30 plus minutes. Great recipe!
Even better to use Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning in place of salt and cayenne. Make sure your garlic doesn't burn. I caramelize mine before adding it to the potatoes. All in all, yummy.
I made this for the first time last night. Only had Russet potatoes but they turned out great. Wife and kida loved them and my wife is real picky when it comes to potatoes. She evan had our daughter who lives down the road came and get some. Thanks