Portobello mushrooms add an earthy flavor to this creamy classic, while shredded rotisserie chicken makes it a snap to prepare. You'll savor every bite. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a simmer; keep hot. In another large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add rice; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until rice is coated.
- Stir in wine and lemon juice. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cook and stir until wine mixture is absorbed. Add hot broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until broth has been absorbed after each addition, until rice is tender but firm to the bite and risotto is creamy.
- Stir in chicken, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and remaining butter; heat through. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Risotto with Chicken and Mushrooms in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Risotto with Chicken and Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review