Rich French Onion Soup Recipe
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 slices French bread, toasted
- Shredded Parmesan and shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until crisp-tender. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until the onions are tender. Discard bay leaves.
- Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls. Top each with a slice of toast; sprinkle with desired amount of cheese. Place bowls on a baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is lightly golden. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Rich French Onion Soup(12)
Sort By :
Very good will make again
I make all time with vegetable broth I make myself. Just as good.
this sounds really great. instead of the beef broth, i used beef consomme' & pecorina/romano cheese in place of the parmesan
This recipe doesn't belong in the vegetarian section since it's made with beef broth.
Very good, even without bread and cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- French Onion Soup >