This comforting side dish makes a rich and creamy accompaniment to almost any main entree. Kids and adults alike will ask for this dish time and again.—Gail Bigford, Glendale, Arizona
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 cups frozen gold and white corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the corn, 1/4 cup Parmesan, Romano, cream cheese, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Corn Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p92
Reviews for Rich and Creamy Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review