Quick and Rich Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, corn, milk, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted.
Aug 18, 2016
Added extra can of corn also. Was yummy and quick to prepare!
Apr 2, 2014
I doubled this recipe and added an extra can of regular corn, drained. My husband said it wouldn't be "corny" enough without the addition and I agree! BUT, he said this is his new favorite soup recipe of the ones I've made!! It was delicious!!
Sep 30, 2013
This soup is one of our favorites. I make it every year for our neighborhood fall party, and the pot is scraped clean every time. One year I decided to make something different for a change of pace and everyone was mad at me for not making the corn chowder! I usually double the recipe because we love the leftovers.
Dec 4, 2010
Not as good as I hoped from reading others reviews. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good. The leftovers just sat in our refrigerator.
Mar 30, 2010
everyone in the house, right down to the 2 year old loved this one! SO EASY!
Oct 7, 2009
This chowder is so delicious. Comfort food at its best. I always turn to this recipe when we want something yummy and quick to the table!
Jan 19, 2009
I've made this recipe many times and it's so yummy. Sometimes I add a 4oz can of diced chilis. It adds a little something extra, but the recipe is delicious on its own.
Sep 8, 2008
I have made this recipe several times & I am always thrilled with how easy and delicious it is. I usually double or triple the recipe since it never lasts long enough for me to have leftovers for lunch the next day!
Jan 22, 2008
Came out great the first time but was missing something, so the next time I made it I added imitation crab and it was wonderful.