Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Brown Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin and cheese. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with brown butter. Yield: 14 pancakes (1 cup butter).
Reviews for Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Brown Butter
Sort By :
Didn't care for these.....bland, even though I added pumpkin pie spice as suggested. We too prefer the fluffy pancake to this dense pancake. Brown butter okay, nothing to say wow about. Maybe I did something wrong. We will not make these again.
I should've learned by now that you shouldn't mess with a good thing. As much as I love pumpkin, the plain old pancake sure beat this recipe. The pancake was bland and not worth the extra efforts.
Very moist and delicious. I fried up some good sausage for the side and my hubby is ecstatic. Even when he loves something he usually doesn't say anything unless I ask, but these got an unsolicited "This is good!".
Yum...this is a keeper. Family loved these scrumptious pancakes.