Puffy Oven Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Divide butter between two 2-cup round baking dishes. Place on a baking sheet. Heat in a 400° oven until butter is melted.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, lemon zest and vanilla. Whisk in flour until blended. Pour over butter. Bake, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- In a small bowl, gently combine the berries. Spoon onto pancakes; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 351 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 248mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2013
I made these pancakes for brunch this morning and my husband and I thought they were great! I didn't have any fresh berries on hand, so we just enjoyed the pancakes with real maple syrup. I will definitely make them again!
Jun 27, 2013
I make a larger version of this recipe. It is always a hit with the family. We all love how it puffs up. We enjoy serving it with lemon juice and powdered sugar as well.
Feb 14, 2012
The recipe is easy to make, I think that there is too much butter and that it should have at least 2 tbs of sugar, more lemon peel and 1 teaspoon of vanila.... thats how i will make it next time!!!
Aug 21, 2011
Taste was a little bland. Next time we will add more vanilla/lemon peel. Will definitely make again. Very fast and easy.
Jan 23, 2011
awsome best pancake ever my family loves favorite for all kid of all ages.