- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately turn out onto a clean dish towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in towel, starting with a short end. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cake Roll(10)
Sort By :
This is an excellent cake roll, just had trouble rolling it up, need a "how to" lesson. Like the other comment I too added extra cream cheese! umm yum. Defiantly worth mastering the roll!
This has become a family tradition
Yummy if you like pumpkin rolls, although I think I would add about 1/2 the icing. Both my husband and I prefer less icing.
This was great! It split a little on top but not to bad. This was my first time making a roll. I will master it with no splits lol
Very delicious, but how do you roll with out getting cracks in the cake? Any advice would help.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cake Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >
- Pumpkin Recipes >