- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 submarine buns, split
- Place onion and roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, water, honey, garlic, seasoned salt and ginger; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns. Cut sandwiches in half. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pulled Pork Subs
Sort By :
"It was pretty good when preparing of a supper for both mild and spicy fellows. The spicy people can add some jalapenos or other hot peppers to get the extra punch! (Like me!)"
"This was just ok to us. Needed more flavor for our tastes."
"I haven't made it yet but I KNOW it will be delicious - but I need to know, what is 'seasoned salt' ? If I can't find that, can I season it myself and if so, with what? Thank you in advance."
"A good barbecue recipe. The honey adds a subtle sweetness to create a mild sauce."
"Very easy! Turned out perfect! I used chicken broth instead of water, omitted ginger and used Famous Dave's spice rub in the bbq sauce. Will make again"