Pulled Pork Subs
Honey and ground ginger are the flavor boosters behind my no-stress sandwiches. A bottle of barbecue sauce ties it all together in a pinch. —Denise Davis, Porter, Maine
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 submarine buns, split
- Place onion and roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl,
- combine the barbecue sauce, water, honey, garlic, seasoned salt and
- ginger; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or
- until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to
- the slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns. Cut sandwiches in
- half. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 sub sandwich equals 417 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 867 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon