- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut each slice of prosciutto into four thin strips. Unroll dough; separate into breadsticks. Top each with two strips prosciutto, pressing gently to adhere. Twist each breadstick; place on ungreased baking sheet, pressing ends down firmly. Brush with beaten egg.
- Combine fennel and pepper; sprinkle over breadsticks. Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Prosciutto Breadsticks
Sort By :
"I couldn't find the breadsticks so I used buttery croissant dough and ignored the seams and cut them into strips. I also was out of Fennel so I used Caraway. Wonderful addition to brunch!"
"I am on a low carb diet so I don't eat a lot of bread but saw these and had to try them since they are low carb. They are soo easy to make and have great flavor! The fennel really brings out the flavor of the prosciutto and the bread. I brought them to work withat Zucchini fritatta and everyone loved them.I will definitely be making again probably in the very near future."