Pot Roast Meat Loaf Recipe
If your taste buds call for pot roast but your pocketbook insists on ground beefor you don't happen to have a roast on handhere's the perfect solution!The vegetables take on the beefy goodness of the meat loaf's drippingsand save on cleanup, too, since they cook in the same dish.Magdalene Fiske, La Farge, Wisconsin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine milk, ketchup, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add ground beef. Shape meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the onions, potatoes, carrots and green pepper around the loaf.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer inserted into the meat loaf reads 160°. Garnish vegetables with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pot Roast Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast Meat Loaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review