Pot Roast Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine milk, ketchup, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add ground beef. Shape meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the onions, potatoes, carrots and green pepper around the loaf.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer inserted into the meat loaf reads 160°. Garnish vegetables with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pot Roast Meat Loaf(13)
Sort By :
This was great! Very easy and good flavor. I used bread instead of crackers, added minced garlic, pinch of Poultry Seasoning, splash of hot sause, 1 egg, and a little chopped Green Pepper in with the meat mixture. Did not put the Green Pepper in with the vegetable. Next time I will put in more vegetables, the recommended amounts are not enough. This is now on my go to list!
Really tasty meal in one. I used ground sirloin and it did have a little grease, but it gave the veggies extra flavor!
Sounds and looks delicious...... I really can't rate this recipe yet, as I haven't made it yet. But was wondering as another viewer did, what about all the grease from the ground beef? Wouldn't the vegetables be resting and cooking in all that fat?
I made this yesterday, and it was very good. I also used baby carrots and red potatoes.
My sons loved it!
I don't know about this, it sound good, but what about all the vegetables won't they greases even when you use very lean ground beef. Please let me know about grease.