- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In the drippings, saute onions until tender. Spoon over chops; add broth. Cover and bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork chops and onions; keep warm. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Onions
Sort By :
These were delicious. I am not a fan of pork, but with these I would eat it more often.
These are delicious! I only had 32 oz of chops instead of the recommended 42 oz. Turned out so good!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >