- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon each coconut, rum and vanilla extracts
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
- Line the bottoms of three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Gently remove waxed paper. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Pina Colada Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
"After reading the reviews I made this bread and its excellent. I did bake it in silicon pans and at 325 instead of 350 for a bit longer to not experience the raw middle I saw in a review. It does taste just like a pina colada. REFRESHING! My husband loves it."
"After reading all the reviews, made it several times BUT it is ALWAYS raw in the middle whether using loaf pans or mini loaf pans. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I end up throwing the raw middle away. It's a shame cause I really like it."
"Based on previous comments about this being a little too sweet, I went ahead and cut the sugar down to 2 c. Only other thing I did differently was make it into muffins rather than a loaf (during Texas summers, the shorter time you have the oven on, the better). This is delicious! Looking forward to making it again very soon!"
"I have been making this recipe for years. I have a request for our chritmas in Sept. so I will use the small foil loaf pans and give them to everybody"
"It was ok."