Pina Colada Zucchini Bread
At my husband's urging, I entered this recipe at the Pennsylvania Farm Show and won first place! I think you'll love the cakelike texture and tropical flavors. —Sharon Rydbom, Tipton, Pennsylvania
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon each coconut, rum and vanilla extracts
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
- 1. Line the bottoms of 3 greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Gently remove waxed paper.
1 slice: 225 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 17, 2019My husband loved it. I definitely will make this again. Maybe my best zucchini recipe! I grated up the peels and all and nobody complained. The coconut comes through loud and clear and makes it very unique. I left out the rum and put butter extract in its stead which I happened to have on hand. Very good way to use zucchini!
Sep 2, 2019This is one of my favorite quick breads. The flavors come together nicely with a very moist texture! We love it!!
Aug 22, 2019I have made so many different zucchini bread recipes, but this is one of my new favorites! I substituted coconut for the walnuts/pecans. I also added 1 tsp. pineapple extract. It is nice and moist with the pineapple and zucchini. It did take an hour to bake.
Aug 12, 2019I made this zucchini bread recipe last night. It came out light, moist and full of flavor. I read some of the reviews below and baked for 55-60 minutes. I used vegetable instead of canola oil, which worked out well. I also increased the rum to 2T, so that it would be a little more boozy. Thumbs up. FYI- It makes a ton of bread. Grab your big bowl! :)
Aug 11, 2019I made this bread but if I had not put shredded coconut in it we would not have tasted it and did not taste rum at all, if I make it again I will up the number of tsps of extracts to add more flavor
Aug 8, 2019Made it exactly as instructed and it was FABULOUS! We almost ate an entire loaf as soon as it cooled!
Aug 8, 2019Absolutely wonderful.
Aug 3, 2019This recipe will be a keeper. Very moist and flavorful. A great way to use our abundance of zucchini.
Aug 1, 2019I've made this recipe several times last year as bread and as muffins. Everyone I shared them with wanted the recipe. My sisters 2 granddaughters ages 7 and 9 even wanted the recipe so they could make them. I'm making them again now! LOVE THEM!!!
Jul 26, 2019I
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC