Pina Colada Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon each coconut, rum and vanilla extracts
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
- Line the bottoms of three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Gently remove waxed paper. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Pina Colada Zucchini Bread(45)
Sort By :
I have been making this recipe for years. I have a request for our chritmas in Sept. so I will use the small foil loaf pans and give them to everybody
It was ok.
I really like this bread. when i made it i added 1/2 cup of coconut. Everyone that i have shared the bread with have requested the recipe.
I agree with the person who said it was way to sweet. I used applesauce in place of the oil, so you could cut the sugar in half. I would also put in more coconut flavoring. With a little tweaking,it would be excellent.
I love Piña Coladas so this recipe intrigued me. It is rich and moist and delicious. I have never used rum or coconut extracts and did have a bit of difficulty finding them. I had to go to two stores. I could taste the coconut and rum and it wasn't overpowering. This recipe is wonderful and would be great to give away as a gift. I actually gave a loaf to my friends and they loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Walnut Recipes >