- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine 1 tablespoon oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add basil mixture; toss to coat. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Shrimp Pasta(3)
Sort By :
Everyone in my family really liked this. My young children wouldn't eat the asparagus, but that just left more for my husband and I to enjoy!
A great way to use my fresh basil. Even my girls, who are picky eaters, liked this dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >