- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine 1 tablespoon oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add basil mixture; toss to coat. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Sort By :
I made this last night. I had frozen some pesto I had made from the basil in my garden. It was fast and easy to make and really tastey!
Everyone in my family really liked this. My young children wouldn't eat the asparagus, but that just left more for my husband and I to enjoy!
A great way to use my fresh basil. Even my girls, who are picky eaters, liked this dish.