Perfect Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, 1 cup bread flour and the whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining bread flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; roll into a 15-in. circle. Grease a 14-in. pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pan; build up edges slightly. Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Perfect Pizza Crust(18)
Sort By :
My go-to pizza crust recipe. Just made again for supper. Have been making this since it was published in 2009. After it rises I usually divide the dough in 2 and do one for pizza and make garlic fingers with the other.
My family loves this recipe! It is our go-to pizza crust. I usually throw in a little garlic powder and oregano with the flour. I'll also add rosemary if I have it available.
We love pizza, and to date our favorite recipe is from Cooks Illustrated. It was fun to try something different, but I won't make this again. I found it too thick and "doughy". The whole wheat added a slight bitterness. I like to eat healthy, but I'll keep my pizza nights an indulgence.
this is my family's #1 favorite pizza crust recipe! We compare it to Rocky's whole wheat crust. It is soooo good! I make it using my kitchenaid mixer with dough hook, and don't even knead it by hand. I usually use a 11x15 inch pan, let it raise for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours and bake it a little first before I add anything on top - it turns out so tender and perfect!
This was okay. Have made it a few times, not our favorite pizza crust but decent.