Pepperoni Ziti Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cans (one 29 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the 29-oz. can tomato sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, spinach, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, garlic powder, pepper flakes and pepper. Drain pasta; fold into turkey mixture.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the water and remaining tomato sauce; pour over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. Top with pepperoni.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Pepperoni Ziti Casserole(9)
Sort By :
Easy and delicious recipe. It makes a lot of left-overs, perfect lunches for work.
I changed it up by not adding the spinach and garlic (since my family wouldn't eat it anyway) and it still came out delicious!! My kids and nieces all had seconds. It was completely devoured. I call that a success! Definitely making this one again!
This recipe has way too much garlic. The garlic overpowers all the other flavors. For that reason it tasted terrible. I'm still tasting garlic. Won't make this one again even with recipe altered.
this is a great tasting dish!
I put in a whole ten ounce package of chopped spinach, and it turned out great! I think if I fix it again, I might add some green onions. It could have used some. Otherwise, it was great.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Baked Ziti >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >