- 1 package (1 pound) uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cans (one 29 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the 29-oz. can tomato sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, spinach, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, garlic powder, pepper flakes and pepper. Drain pasta; fold into turkey mixture.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the water and remaining tomato sauce; pour over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. Top with pepperoni.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Ziti Casserole
Sort By :
"No need for the ground turkey. I doubled spinach. I substituted cottage cheese for the ricotta. Delicious!- Theresa"
"The whole family really enjoyed this and I love casseroles, win-win. A lot of flavor in this simple ingredient recipe. Perfect amount of sauce to noodle ratio. Since shredded mozzarella comes in 2 cup bags I used the 2 cups. Thanks for the recipe."
"Perfect! I must admit when I usually make a baked ziti dish I do not follow a recipe. Not now! This is our new go-to recipe. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I appreciate recipes that are easy to assemble and provide lots of flavor. Not to mention lots of food for a family of five. With or without the pepperoni this is a great dish!"
"saving recipe! thanky ou for sharing TOH. J."
"Really please with the way this turned out. Prep took a bit longer than I expected, but overall I was happy with it! Definitely feels healthier than eating a traditional ziti...there is a lot less cheese. If you want more - just add it in!"