Penne and Smoked Sausage Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar french-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup cheese, peas and sausage. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Penne and Smoked Sausage(17)
Sort By :
I had some smoked sausage and was tired of the same ole' same ole' and saw this recipe. At first I though, meh but then decided to give it a try based on the reviews. So very happy I did....This was really very,very good. Although I used elbows, because that's what I had and followed as is, I will be making this again!!
I will be making this on a regular basis for my family of 6! What a wonderful tastey casserole!!!!
My family enjoyed this recipe a lot. They asked for me to keep it handy to make again. I doubled the recipe, added an extra can of cream of celery soup, added garlic and onions to the sausage as it was cooking. Then I added salt and pepper on top
I didn't care for this at all and I couldn't get my kids to eat it either. I like to think I can tell a recipe will be good by looking at the ingredients but this one fooled me. Followed recipe exactly and it tasted like noodles with cream soup. Wasted the sausage and cheese on this one.
Recipe sounds good until the "cream of" soup... I'll do without the MSG please, what's a good substitute?