Hearty Sausage ‘n’ Hash Browns
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 pound smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes and pepper in oil over medium heat until potatoes are golden brown. Stir in sausage; heat through. Remove from heat; top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 477 calories, 39g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 27, 2017
Good base recipe, but waaay too much oil. Mine was so greasy and gross. However, we still enjoyed it as best we could and tried to eat around the oil. I will make again, but with just a few adjustments, add a few more veggies, less oil, and some seasoning salt.
Jan 18, 2014
use tatertot frozen potatoes ,add onion lots of garlic,our own local sausage and a few eggs put the whole thing in the oven and cook it for about half an hour or longer,depends on what I put in it.Good recipe and very delicious but mine is better.
May 6, 2011
Love this recipe as is, but usally add onions to it and on occasion jalapenos as 3 out of 4 members of my family are pepper heads! Sometimes I crack 4 eggs into little indentions I've made before add the cheese and letting them steam cook till done to our taste, then add the cheese and let it melt! YUMMY!
Feb 2, 2011
I used red bell pepper with sharp chedder cheese and Italian sausage just to kick it up in spice and color....good hash.
Aug 30, 2010
I added some onions,garlic salt, salt & pepper & still thought it was a little bland, however my family really enjoyed this recipe. No leftovers! Will make again.
Apr 16, 2010
This is great any time, not just breakfast! We're not pepper fans so I use onions instead. It is another new standby at our house.