Hearty Slow Cooker Breakfast Hash
This sweet and savory hash certainly won't leave you hungry. The sausage, veggies and eggs fill you up, and the hint of maple syrup makes it all feel extra cozy. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 8 to 10 frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Links
- 4 cups diced red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausages, turning occasionally, until heated through, 8-9 minutes. Combine next five ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add 1 tablespoon dill, kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and red pepper flakes. Arrange sausages on top of vegetable mixture. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 5-6 hours. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter; sprinkle with feta cheese. Top with sausages.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; slip into skillet. Reduce heat to low; cook slowly until whites are completely set. For sunny-side up eggs, cover pan and cook until yolks thicken, but are not hard. Arrange eggs over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining dill and pepper; drizzle with maple syrup.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 446 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Sumer Garden Breakfast Crockpot Hash in Taste of Home December 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.