Hearty Hash Brown Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (4 quarts)
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Mash potatoes and vegetables to desired consistency. Stir in condensed soup and milk until blended. Add ham, parsley and garlic salt; heat through. Sprinkle servings with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 156 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 15, 2011
Good soup-a bit salty but I added more water and it helped. I would recommend it for something different for supper to try.
Nov 10, 2010
I make this quite often, it's so easy and quick to make! I use hashbrowns with red/green pepper.
Nov 3, 2009
Made some modifications--only 2 cans of soup and specified low salt/reduced fat cream of chicken soup and instead of bullion, used 4 cups reduced sodium broth.